ALPERN AT LARGE - One awful but “silver lining” in the hellish black cloud that is the Hamas-initiated Israeli/Hamas Gaza war is that at least we know The Truth:
1) Iran, as many of us knew for decades, is NOT our friend since the Ayatollahs took over, and hates the U.S. and the West about as much as it hates Israel.
2) We’re really stupid to play around with Iran, and to presume that bribing that terrorist-sponsoring nation would slow down its focus on creating a nuclear bomb.
3) Those screaming “From the River to the Sea”, and proclaiming that Palestine is an “open air prison”, and that the creation and political takeover of Gaza by Hamas was supported by Israel…might as well just repeatedly proclaim “I hate Jews, I hate Israelis, I hate the West” and so on.
4) Even many Jews are apparently joining in on the Hitler Youth of Gen Y and Gen Z crowds and marches, thereby illustrating how Hitler, his Nazis, and the German media were able to convince so many German Jews to march and be shipped to their genocide in the Nazi death camps.
5) Many Jews, liberal and/or Democratic are just shocked—shocked, I say—that the Left-Wing takeover of our modern-day media and university systems is much, much greater a threat than those “Right-Wingers” who knew all along about the worsening threat to Israeli (and even American) Jews from growing Leftist influences.
But still we have these stupid slogans, false “truisms”, and gaslighting from both the Left and traditional/JFK wings of the Democratic Party, and from our ever-growing Socialist elements, who’ve either:
1) Never picked up a history book (and even our Jewish temples and synagogues don’t teach ancient, medieval, and modern Jewish history like once they did).
2) Known the history but ignore it as entirely irrelevant (oh, that’s SO twentieth century!).
Hence, we now witness the execution of a captive Israeli soldier, foreign hostages held, and a slew of Hamas tunnels in the now-famous (infamous?) Gaza Al-Shifa hospital, as Reuters reports.
Hence we now know that this Al-Shifa hospital was a major terrorist base for Hamas, as reported by CNN. And ditto for a host of schools and mosques…which emphasizes that Hamas, not Israel, is the greatest threat to the lives of Gazans.
Hence we now witness Israel’s stepped-up efforts to rescue 36 newborn Palestinian babies fighting for their life in that hospital, as reported by the U.S. Sun.
Hence, we now learn that the BBC falsely reported that the Israeli military was targeting people, including medical teams as well as Arab speakers at the Al-Shifa hospital…
…when in fact the Israeli Defense Forces were sent into the hospital with targeted efforts, and allied with those medical teams and Arab speakers to ensure that critical supplies were sent to those in need, and to save innocent lives, as reported by Variety.
So is Hamas finally throwing out the hopes of hostage deals because they’re “good people, too”, or because they know that THIS time the Israelis are playing for keeps?
Who are therefore the true racists and genocidal maniacs: Israel that was dragged into this war to fight for its very existence…or Hamas and its Iranian and Western supporters and apologists?
Because if Israel is going to such lengths to PRESERVING civilian life after it was so brazenly attacked, and after previous incursions by civilian-TARGETING Hamas terrorists, then Israel really sucks at being racists and genocidalists.
Or perhaps Israel and its supporters never were, never are, and never will be racists and/or genocidalists.
So maybe it’s time for Israel’s critics to get over their own racism, and/or being a useful idiot to support the real racists and genocidalists who Israel is finally taking out.
(Kenneth S. Alpern, M.D, is a dermatologist who has served in clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside Counties, and is a proud husband and father. He was active for 20 years on the Mar Vista Community Council (MVCC) as a Board Member focused on Planning and Transportation and helped lead the grassroots efforts of the Expo Line as well as connecting LAX to MetroRail. His latest project is his fictional online book entitled The Unforgotten Tales of Middle-Earth, and can be reached at [email protected]. The views expressed in this article are solely those of Dr. Alpern.)