CicLAvia CivSalon: Talking Innovation and Safe Streets
Presents a New CivSalon:
Talking Innovation and Safe Streets
Bringing together urban planning experts and thought leaders to discuss equity in Los Angeles communities
Wednesday, July 20, 2022; 6 p.m.
WHAT: CicLAvia CivSalon: Talking Innovation and Safe Streets
On Wednesday, July 20, CicLAvia hosts a new CivSalon ‘Talking innovation and safe streets’, a free and open-to-the-public discussion with Los Angeles thought leaders and policy experts on how innovation can make our streets safer and more equitable. This CivSalon brings together urban planning experts and initiators of ideas to discuss equity in Los Angeles communities. This panel discussion will take place at a location in downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District and begins at 6 p.m. with Refreshments provided by Hello Stranger, music by Sean Osborn of KPFK and Dublab, and networking; Panel discussion starts promptly at 7 p.m.
- Nicholas Greif, Motional – a partner in the the push for more pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly streets in Los Angeles.
- Melisa Walk, Pacoima Beautiful – a community advocate piloting electric bike share opportunities.
- Michael Uribe, Blu LA powered by Blink Mobility – a leader in cleaner, greener transportation option.
- Hilary Norton, California Transportation Commission / FASTLinkDTLA – shaping mobility in downtown Los Angeles.
CivSalon brings together experts and community makers from transportation, culture, and technology to explore issues that help inform our street and civic life. This CivSalon event is sponsored by CicLAvia partners at Motional.
CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
WHERE & WHEN: Wednesday, July 20, 2022
6 p.m.: Refreshments, music, and networking
7 p.m.: Panel discussion
Upon registration, address details will be given. Location is in downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District. Street parking.
HOW & MORE INFORMATION:
• Visit https://www.ciclavia.org/civsalon for more detailed information
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CicLAviaLA
# # #